View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkil View Post
Wstar has put a lot of track miles on his auto and has been fine for the most part up until recently. Though I believe it was a motor issue and only the tranny flex plate which cracked. Nothing actually wrong with the internals. Maybe he can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

If you track, you must have a tranny cooler but according to wstar you can feel the shifts become sluggish when the tranny starts to get to hot and it's a good sign to back off. He has also told me that to even get to that point on the street you would be losing your license.

For normal and spirited road sessions I think the auto will be just fine, even in the high rpm. Maybe up the line pressures a bit in uprev to protect against potential slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, thats what the nismo tech told me about the cooler, it most definitely needs one for track use. I'm sure there are auto's out there that have been tracking as much as wstar, but experiencing problems first hand and then having it confirmed to me, in private mind you, that the auto wasn't meant to be tracked was enough to deter me. But, just because it wasn't designed for it doesnt mean it cant