View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
takjak2
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Legit Racecar 370Z
takjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
3 years ago everyone told me I was wasting my time building a 350 for BSP....

...its done pretty well. That said, I have 125x the developement any 370z in ASP has. I can't stand the complaint that X car has no chance w/o anyone trying. The back of the rulebook (list of champions) is littered with folks who have won in a car with little perceived chance.

Bottom line, you are probably cough up 30-50k in parts/development (not including tires) for a rule book 370z in ASP. SP is not inexpensive and the cars become relatively hateful to drive outside of competition.
I won't argue that a 370 can't win be competitive in ASP. It's the STR vs STU classing that is most silly.