View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
sillyoldtayo
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo 370Z 6MT
sillyoldtayo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcasti07 View Post
I went with the nismo CAI. Didn't like the idea of cutting either and I really liked the powder coated black finish. Sound definately got deeper at the lower RPM range and I noticed a little pick up, but not much with intake alone. I also like that they have water bypass reservoirs the prevent hydro lock if you happen to come across it. Install was pretty easy. I did have to take off the front bumper, not hard at all, and the kit does come with a replacement windshield washer reservoir for fitment. I know the G3's are the go to on the forum, but since you asked, I'll let you know I'm happy with my choice. Good luck with whichever option you go with
I installed the nismo r tune CAI last night. I know the instructions say no need to remove the bumper but I bet it would've been twice as easy if I did. Relocating the washer fluid reservoir was a pita! I took the car for a test drive and I did notice a slightly deeper tone and a little jump in power from about 2500rpm. It doesn't feel drastically different from the post mafs and drop in filters but its a decent gain. I wasn't expecting a kick in the pants from power gains since it is just an intake setup but I could definitely tell by sound/butt dyno that gains were made!
sillyoldtayo is offline   Reply With Quote