View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try to find time to come up with a tablet-friendly .NET application. It's based off the data viewing tool I wrote at work. Design plan:
  • Tablet-friendly interface (iPad-like UI)
  • Module for ODB communication. It can send commands and retrieve data. That's something you guys can help me with.
  • Module for real-time module with recording capability. The sampling rate is user selectable. Once real-time is disabled, the module switches to playback mode. This will allow users to step and scroll through the recorded snapshot. Users will also be able to specify the buffer size by number of samples. Users will also be able to save and load this recorded file for playback.
  • Viewing tools: HTML display, editor, Raw PID viewer, Event Search, Event Viewer (scans for out of range values), and an 8-channel plotter. The tools can support real-time and data playback modes. However, Event Search can only scan through the recording buffer.
  • ODB Tools: Come up with general tools like diagnostics and commands. This might be database driven.
  • For expandability this .NET program will database driven. Depending on how granular we want this to be, we can separate these definitions by make and model, or even down to the model year. A single database keeps track of this list, so it knows which set of definitions to get.

[EDIT] Already started. I copied the project and started deleting non-essential stuff.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 06-20-2014 at 12:36 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote