Thread: tuning gains
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

guys its simple. The only thing uprev and cobb can tune right now is fuel trims. If you have mods, you will already be running lean and you wont have much room for improvement. If you dont have mods, you will be running rich, therefore you can tune the car to run leaner and make power that way.

Let me rephrase.

If you are stock, tune will make good power. Probably as much as 15+ whp.

If you have full boltons, tune will make no power. 5whp or less.

This issue is not going to take a year to resolve, they just need to find a few signals that are going into the ECU and create a map for those too...like they do for everything else you "tune" with the software. I haven't spoken to anyone at uprev in a week or so, last thing I knew is that they weren't even sure what they were looking for, but we gave them a suggestion as to where we think (know) the problem originates. Its up to them to do the rest. If it is what we think it is and they find it quickly and develop a solution quickly (quickly being in the next month or two, not tomorrow) then we'll be able to make a bit more power out of the tunes...

Last edited by RCZ; 11-18-2009 at 05:52 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote