Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #810 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Got the car back today. It would've been done much sooner, but we had various minor scheduling and parts issues (not the least of which was figuring out very late in the process that the flywheel on the donor motor was distorted and had to be tossed). I've only done a quick testdrive 1 block down the road from the dealership before I loaded it all back up on the trailer, but everything seems perfect. The guys at Baker Nissan did an exceptional job, pretty happy with them (again). Jason is an awesome mechanic

I need to fire it up a few more times here and basically triple-check everything for the usual gotchas like minor leaks, but I don't expect any real problems. That and re-check my alignment, which I was due for anyways. First real abuse test will be at MSR-Houston down in Angleton next weekend (June 21-22). I decided to skip wasting $500+ on a re-tune for now after talking it over with Jason as well. All the bolt-ons are unchanged anyways, and whatever minor variance there might be between blocks, the ECU should be able to adapt to that fine.