View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #9880 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

I am available for the low price of $500 to burn down a dealership of your choice! I AM JUST KIDDING! Feds please, I don't like torture... !
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
Not today, but Thursday I ordered some new RE-11s for my car.
Today, I pulled all the wheels so I could remove the tape weights prior to dropping the car off at the dealer to have new tires installed. A previous experience at the dealer taught me that the weights will be removed hastily with a screw driver and then a razor blade to get rid of the adhesive.
My last visit to the dealer to get tires mounted left me with the insides of my wheels gouged up.
(see here: LunaZ's 370Z Journal)
The service manager offered to repair the damage by refinishing the insides of the wheels. While removing the weights today, I realize that their version of refinishing the wheels was simply spray painting grey paint inside the wheel, including the weights which were not removed.
Now I'm left with silver rectangles where the old weights were, which is going to look like crap. I had noticed over the last year that the insides of my wheels didn't clean up as nicely as they used to and now I know why. The paint used is cheap and porous, and it comes off instantly when solvent is applied to remove the adhesive left behind from the tape weights.

I'm so pissed that the repair the service manager at the dealer offered me was nothing more than a band-aid meant to temporarily hide the damage until a later date.
Here I am now, with no time to re-paint the insides of the wheels prior to having my new tires mounted and I'm a little puzzled at how I should proceed.
Whatever course of action I pursue, it's going to be a huge hassle, both in time and haggling with people to get what I deserve.