View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #3996 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismomo View Post
Clean, is the 12 inch res sound close to the 18 or the non res? I'm starting to worry about going with the 12...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfull View Post
I'd be willing to bet 12" is closer to 18" sound as opposed to non res. I went from having 18 inch res to non res and the difference in noise is very significant.
^^kfull is correct. The affects of the resonators also depends on what you have before the catback(LTH's, TP's RTP's, RHFC's/HFC's vs OEM cats)

I speak to guys daily about this dilemma, difference between 12" vs 18" resonators. Its definitely not a decision to lose sleep over as there's not as much of difference between the two(12" vs 18") compared to going non-resonated all together. When going with a resonator in the Xpipe, no matter what, the exhaust will be running through an actual resonator in both pipes indivually, which is a great sound deterrent helping prevent against in cabin drone, yet having ZERO affect on performance. If you're concerned about "too much" noise, I always advise for atleast 12".

I personally run Resonated HFCs for the same reason. I wanted a resonator atleast somewhere in the exhaust while NA, but also wanted to be setup for posssssible future Fast Intentions upgrades...aka: TT
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel

Last edited by 1cleanZ; 06-06-2014 at 08:16 AM.
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote