View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Ive seen AEM's make power all the way. through the rpm range. I've seen it in AEM's testing, motoiq's testing, and in my own. I'll admit I had NST pulleys in mine at the same time, so it wasn't a perfect observation. Some members have complained of the eti module that adjusts the mafreadings, but I didn't have issues before. You can also easily bypass them. Most intakes neck back down at the maf (2.75" to 2.5"), except for a couple CAI's. With tuning, pretty much guaranteed you gain power everywhere, with the most up top. Stillen is running a special on their crank pulley if you're wary of NST. This last batch was the first real issue I've seen with them getting those out to customers within a reasonable amount of time. Garageline also sells stock sized crank and alternator pulleys at a great price.

Headers aren't the best bang for buck, but the gains are proven and you really don't see stock headers push 50+whp gains (there might be a couple out there). But with Z1's, or PPE's, big gains are guaranteed and the more you open up the breathing, the farther they take you. The drawbacks are the costs and install. You''re looking at $2,000+ with install on PPEs. They can run from $1200-$1750 depending on temp coating, material type (stainless or a mild steel), and merge collector type. Z1's start around $1100 with test pipes. If you decide to run resonated cats (DE style), expect to pay $300-$400 more. It's highly recommended to tune them for the best gains.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote