View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ire
Track Member

Drives: 09 MB
Ire has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond reputeIre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Hello everyone,

I am about to purchase my first Z and I was wondering if you guys could help me out?

1. I saw that the 2015 nissan 370z Nismo is coming out soon and possibly for sale in July. Does that mean there will be a new Nissan 370z for retail or is Nismo =/= normal 370z touring?

2. If the above means there is a new 370z coming out, should I wait a month?

3. Does anyone drive their 370z in the winter? I am kinda..reluctant to drive such a nice car in the winter but, I love driving so... what do you owners feel?

4. I am from Toronto so it does get snowy here...have any people hit any problems?

Thank you!
A.G
1)nismo is the highest level of 370z. it is not the same as touring.
2)they have not officially announced a new 370 but there are rumors and hints that they may be ending the 370 to make way for the new Zcar in 2 years or so.
3)many people drive their 370 in the winter. i personally know maybe 7-8 people who do. No problems beyond what you would expect from a RWD sports car in the snow. Its not a 4x4 but its also not undrivable. If you prepare yourself properly (don't drive like a retard,snow tires, car wash often, rust proof etc) you'll be fine.
4)we're almost all from toronto. most of us dont winter the Z, but as i've said before, many do. Just dont get a very aggressive front lip/body kit and you'll be fine. I highly suggest wrapping the front of your car in clear.

there are no real issues with the car that need to be addressed immediately besides perhaps a thermostatic oil cooler. Depends how you drive, if you like to kick the back out often and redline or if you drive in traffic a lot (if yes to traffic, you'll likely need an oil cooler)... why our cars didnt come with out from factory i will never understand. Only other issues i remember right now is the olders Zs had issues with steering lock failure. but that's been resolved a long time ago (and even if its not, come hang out with us for coffee and we'll fix it for you in the parking lot)

grats on your new Z, welcome to the family

Last edited by Ire; 05-31-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Ire is offline   Reply With Quote