Thread: Tire23 beware
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 08:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
in retail, we (i work in retail) have to depend on the supplier, while understanding your frustration, but sometimes it is not within our hands to control.

to give you an example:

a while ago i have to order a pair of Ray Ban for my customer, he gave me the model number and colour code, all the information needed.

i looked up the practitioner web-site and saw it thus i called up the supplier (the sole supplier), on the 1st call they told me they have it in stock and it will take 1 week.

explain to the customer and he placed the order.

called the CS 2 days later and they told me it has been discontinued for the canadian market, i told them i just called 2 days ago and they still have it in stock.

the CS explain to me they have no control on it since it is the direction from the HQ in italy.

however, the CS told me he can place a special order on it since it is still available in italy.

explain to the customer again and he said he can wait.

called the CS again and placed the order.

the CS gave me an order number too.

then within the 6 weeks time we called many times to confirm the order and make sure it is on its way and EVERY TIME the CS told me it is on its way.

until 8 weeks later i called again and the CS told me that particular one has been completely discontinued.

I was like "", told them I even have the order number and why would they give me the order number if eventually they can not get it.

the CS told me they have no control on it, when they place the order from the oversea office, the order send to the HQ in italy, and depends how many pieces left or if they still want to make it.

if not, they will return the order as discontinued.

and... it's not until i called them they told me it's N/A.

they wouldn't call us to let us know.

AND, this is the ONLY supplier we can get this particular brand, nowhere else.

so... while i completely understand your frustration, on the other hand, i also like to let you understand sometimes this is not within our hands of control.

i am pretty sure they wish the order will go through flawlessly and they can get the rest of the balance from you and you get your wheels happily.

^^^ This is how you properly handle the situation. I think the OP was upset because the retailer in question didn't keep him up to date with the situation. Had they been as diligent as you Mr.Alcheng, I doubt the OP would have started this thread.