Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #789 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You must had a good run then come to a stop suddenly.
Good point to reinforce there. Warmup and Cooldown are very important if you're stressing the car. All kinds of things can go wrong if you stress a cold car, or if you shut down a very hot car. Most track sessions I warm up the car at idle on the grid *at least* enough to get the water gauge up in a normal-ish range, and then the oil comes up during the warmup lap first session of the day (or it's already pretty warm later). Then I always take a cooldown lap where I try to avoid braking, and keep the engine revs lower while the oil/water temps drop back off. Usually by the time I shut off, water's back down to ~203 and oil's back down to ~210.