View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fountainhead
Track Member

Drives: 2019 Civic Type R
Fountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud ofFountainhead has much to be proud of

OK this is what I used.

1. Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories This adapter connects your iDevice to BT and streams audio and Metadata and doesn't sound half bad. AND it doesn't interfere with BT Handsfree/headset in the car.
2. Amazon.com: CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter for iPhone, iPod, and iPad: Electronics This adapter allows you to power on the BT adapter when the car powers on.
PS: The photo for item 2 is not correct, the photo doesn't show the mini-USB jack that is on the left side of the adapter.
3. I used a 12V to 5V charge adapter into the mini-USB connector on the side of item 2. This allows the radio to "See" the BT adapter as ON when radio is powered up.

This setup works flawlessly for me. Maybe 1 time out of 25 the radio doesn't see the adapter. I use my iPhone 5 and 5S with this no problemo. Metadata and music, the radio thinks it's an iDevice.
Fountainhead is offline   Reply With Quote