View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
Update 5/14.

I put the kit through a bit of a torture test this weekend at Road Atlanta with Global Time Attack.

Two days of absolutely thrashing the **** out of it. Two sessions were in 90+ degree heat with high humidity.

...And it didn't miss a beat. Ran like a top. I have to admit, beforehand I was concerned with what oil and water temps I would see, but it never broke a sweat. Oil never got over 220ish, and water was never above the middle of the range. As background, I have the Mishi rad and FI 34 row oil cooler.

Anyway long story short: I had a blast. The car absolutely hauled ***, and behaved perfectly. I spent most of the time getting accustomed to all the additional power, trying to find the limits, and building confidence. I definitely need more aero now. Coming down the back stretch at 170ish, the rear is seriously squirrely under braking. I ran with the same RE11's that I've had on the car for some time. They have 20+ heat cycles, so they are definitely past it, but I was still pleasantly pleased with overall traction and balance. Still relatively neutral. Can't say enough good things about the OS giken lsd, although the fluid was totally cooked when I changed it yesterday.

One session was in the wet and that was...interesting? Terrifying? Given you can make it step out rather easily in the dry, it was a handful in the wet. Turn 12 was definitely a "pucker" moment for sure.

I put together a quick clip for you're viewing/listening pleasure. Still waiting on my buddy's to get my some outside-the-car video. We took 2 photo/video guys with us, so should have some good footage.

In the meantime, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEEQIH0orFA
Awesome!