View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
So it wouldn't be metal at all? Doesn't carbon deal with flex and twist really poorly?
The OP was looking for a CF strut bar. I can fabricate one, and I wouldn't dare say there will be any performance improvements. It would require lot of engineering and testing to figure that out. The material(s) can be laid/fabricated in a way to deal with flex, more flexible, or less flexible, depending on what you desire. F1 teams, and super car manufactures will design flex into some parts for different performance goals. I think the flex on the strut bar is minimal, the carbon fiber hoods and bumpers for the 370z may flex more than the strut bar, but I'm just guessing. Metal inserts can be added for more rigidity. If thats the case, you may as well cover the stock one, or get it powder coated.