Thread: Winter
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's almost scary how serious you all are.

I've driven a lot of crappy FWD cars in the snow (read: snowy weather, not like 4 inches of snow on the roads) and have had no issues. Although I was told growing up FWD cars actually handle better in snow, my 72 bug that doesn't have many issues with a little snow...and it doesn't have the VDC system the Z has.

What makes this car so bad in a little snow? Obviously driving around all winter in Maine, with feet of snow piling up around you and gallons of salt destroying your undercarriage, it's not the ideal situation, but a tiny bit of snow can't be as bad a little rain, can it?
Oh, man! This reminds me of the time I was down in Savannah at my parent's place. Savanahh got hit with two inches of snow for like the first time in 100 yrs...it was chaos. It looked like a scene out of Mad Max lmao.......................

PS - your old beetle does well in snow cuz the engine is over the drive wheels, dig? And don't forget de skinny tires!