View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23 View Post
I just measured my car and the lowest part of the splitter, on the two spots below the headlights, its 4 and 3/8" off the ground. The tip of the splitter sticks out 35.5" past the center of the wheel.
Thank you! That's exactly the info I needed.

Hmm... the lowest part of the air dam is currently 4 and 1/2" off the ground... so it's probably best to just play it safe and get my driveway apron redone first. No point in cheapening out on an $800 concrete job, when I'm going to spend over five times that much for the conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I'm not sure if you can buy the Nismo bodywork without a matching VIN for repair parts, although maybe you could luck out at a junkyard off of cars wrecked at just one end. Keep in mind it's not just the bumper itself that's different in the front. To convert the front you have to convert the undertray stuff beneath the engine bay as well, and probably several other miscellaneous related bits.
Yea. There's a lot of parts swapping involved, somewhere in the ballpark of $4000 worth with shipping and whatnot. I've also got those DRL that the NISMO doesn't, so that's gotta be removed as well.

However the price is still cheaper than something like a VeilSide... and I believe the OEM NISMO parts are sturdier than the FRP of most aftermarket bodykits (and doesn't use 3M tape).

I really disliked the interior of the NISMO, so I didn't get one... but I really, really like it's exterior. I've saved up some disposable cash over the months, and figured I'd spoil myself (and the Z) with something like this.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote