View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
GSS138
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z 6M Sport
GSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the roughGSS138 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Look up what I said about speed density. Lots of subis run it. You'll have reading material for hours. But I believe its a MAP thing that works great but you need to retune if you drive out of state as different evaluations and stuff need tuned for right then and there since it can't change on the fly like MAF can.
Cool had not heard of that before.

And in regards to brakes, yes there is just as big of variance in brake pads, rotors, calipers in any setup for different types of races.

To over exemplify, the best brakes for a 24 hour endure race are not the same "best" brakes you would use for a 20 lap race or 15 minute time attack or auto X session. Different things are good at different things essentially.

With that in mind, the Akebono sport brakes are really a pretty decent setup from my experience, comments, and feedback from others. Did a road trip a month or two ago with an engineer from Brembo and picked his brain. He knew more about brakes than any human I have ever met. His description of our brakes was "Not bad". This was after he threw a lot of other brakes under the bus, so I took it as a compliment.