View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #3419 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
Going more deeply into the causes behind it would probably spark a massive flame war here, so I'll just say this.

Sweden isn't really just that homogenous anymore. Especially the city I live in. And that has brought with it lots of assaults, robberies, rapes etc. etc

My better half has been the victim of two attempted rapes, for example. Neither of the perpetrators were ever caught.

I personally would feel a whole lot safer outside if I could conceal carry, and she sure would. Sometimes, she does, when walking the dog later in the evening, even if it is not allowed.
Interesting. I appreciate the perspective. The basis of the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to bear arms in the US has its roots in English Common Law going back centuries wherein the right to self-defense was acknowledged as a "natural right"... a fundamental human right. The framers of the Constitution were very thoughtful in including it in the Bill of Rights on that basis. They also knew that if it was indeed the right of the people to throw off a tyrannical government, those people would need the tools to do so. In England today, you can't even buy a steak knife.

Interesting the way these cultures evolve.

Last edited by MacCool; 05-04-2014 at 02:47 PM.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote