View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Has the motor ever been opened or the timing cover taken off? If not, that's really wierd. Maybe just hit it with some rtv and see if that's all you needed to do?
Never been opened ... I am the only owner ... 4 years old and just hit 19,000 miles ... I am clueless how or when that got there. I am guessing recently though because I am anal and am constantly looking at everything. I think that front piece is just like a giant dust and water shield to protect the timing stuff so I suppose I should just be able to RTV the hole and press on ?

I was hoping the crack wasn't creating from something inside hitting it so it broke not from me dropping something on it from the outside, but fromsoemthng hitting it on the inside. But I think if something inside hit it then I wouldn't even be able to start it. Runs fine.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote