View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Was that the first year of the GTR? I thought it was 08. It depends on which revision of launch control it had. Once they reflashed it you could do it to your hearts content. It was the original LC map that was way too aggressive and would cause warranty issues if you broke something doing it.

I have a feeling that Ford won't be denying all warranty claims based on using the line lock. Probably just motor/tranny issues.
2009 was the USMY. JDM MY's are off from ours typically. theirs is more literal vs USMY being the year ahead kind of thing. like how our 2015 cars will be out in 2014.

the original 2 versions of the GTR tranny ECU controls would basically lock down the car if you tried to run launch control too many times and in too quick of sucession without the proper cool down period allowed.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote