View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #79 (permalink)
ssmoked
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Charger Hellcat
ssmoked is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
I actually work in an extremely desirable field. I am a senior-level Linux Systems Administrator and also do programming (devops). I have actually had recruiters from facebok go find my work email address after I didn't respond to them on linkedin. I honestly don't think I would ever really have trouble finding another job if I needed to. I really like where I work now because I get 25 days a year of vacation as well as 10 sick-days so 35 days a year of paid time off (280 hours per year). Also I telecommute half of the time so I usually don't even have to go into the office.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think what I really wanted to know is if the GTR is really worth it for people who have both a 370Z and a GTR or who have driven both. Even with a huge chunk of money I did not want to use that to actually buy a GT-R and instead wanted to get a loan and it to be at the level where I could pay it without eating into my savings just with my base salary which probably will be the case.

I guess I will just have to find an opportunity to actually go drive one and see how I like it. I think I am probably leaning a bit more towards just paying off the Z and helping my current cash-flow so I can save more and pay off the house quicker though.
In that case, especially with a stable field, go for it and get the GTR and have fun! You only live once! What's the point of having disposable income and not use it to bring joy? Do it before the wife and kids, it would be a few decades until another opportunity arise!! At the end of the day, it's only a number in the bank. Can't take it with you when a person dies, example steve jobs

Last edited by ssmoked; 04-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.
ssmoked is offline   Reply With Quote