View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #2488 (permalink)
conmam
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Touring 6MT
conmam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceglide View Post
Always valid. I am at about 580-600whp/525-550ft lb 11-12psi daily, For long freeway/wet/traffic moments I kick it back down to 8-9 psi just because I like to think it is safer for me, my car, and those around me.

90% of the time at 580-600/525-550, almost 4500 miles....not one problem. The car is spooling 10lbs at 3000rpm...and omfg it is fun. I have a new problem...need new seats because too many people have **** their pants in the passenger side of this beast. (I won't tell, promise!)

I dont know how many times I have said it, but the car feels faster than it was before. The thing is pulling, yet my peak boost has not changed, so, no it is not boost creep!

My torque numbers I have actually dialed down a tad, trying to work on launching the car, and am finding a very happy spot on the EBC that I can do work with. Until I get yet another wheel tire set up, I will have to fly with this adjustment. The car spools so hard, it's almost moot, but it softens the hit ever so much and allows my "slighty-faster-than-a-slot" reaction time(thanks Dad) to react to the tires breaking loose.

Got a whole week off next week, I think it's time to get some 1/4 mile times in and see how awful of a driver this car makes me to be! 80 degrees all week. Oh yes!

Oh and DJtodd.....if you can master that car on a track, you are truly blessed my friend!

Happy boosting bros!

May I ask : Are there any issues with the driveability such as rough idle ( Hot or cold ? ) or any other issues such as surging, low RPM stalling ... ect ? I am very concerned about reliability for daily driving. Thank you
conmam is offline   Reply With Quote