View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
But add the weight savings of a single vs a dual, and then maybe the equation improves?

There is a ton of conflicting info on the web about this subject (single vs dual), and a ton of outright BS (one site goes so far as to say that exhaust gas does not flow backwards at all) but I've always understood that a properly designed single is no more or less efficient or powerful than a properly designed dual. It still comes down to balancing flow and velocity with the correct diameter, bends, welds and design.
Yeah weight savings does tip the scales a little bit in favor of the single pipe. Maybe something to look at later down the road. Although longtube headers running straight all the way back would be better in my opinion. Throw a couple of v-banded cats in the middle for daily driving and then replace them with V-banded straight pipes for the track. I think I just made a mess in my pants and I figured out what I'm eventually going to do with my exhaust...

Last edited by RCZ; 11-13-2009 at 12:48 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote