Thread: O&G's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #589 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute

Long day yesterday working on the Z, but it was well worth it. Between work and life it's been a grind.

I had an oil leak on my driver side VVEL housing, which was my fault when I assembled the motor. Broke everything down, cleaned the sh*t out the parts, re-siliconed using Nissan red (the best) and now no leaks! Also changed out the breakin oil for some motul, WIX filter and installed my new NGK GTR plugs. I was going to use HKS again, but didn't feel like waiting 2 months for them!

One of our badass techs/DJ installed my Profec B, finished the single BOV setup on the boost pipe, fixed the dumped exhaust a bit and took her out for the night. Thing is a beast. I only half throttled her all night, but that was enough to make the X have a lil orgasm! Car currently running around 15psi with a safe, rich tune, minimal timing changes and no VVEl adjustments at then moment.

I'll be out of town all next week, but I'm leaving the car @ JTran Motorsports to get the roll bar completed and painted, getting new piping done from the intercooler to my GTM 3" intake runners, modifying the CJM hardpipe fuel sending line to run up where the stock sending line was so us low mount guys can put airfilters on our turbos instead of running just a mesh screen (if you have the CJM Stage 2 full return setup).

I will post a dyno graph at that point of pump gas power near 20psi or so w/ VVEL adjustments and timing changes, it should be amazing!

Goal right now is to max her out of pump gas and then move to E85 after I recoup some cash. I will need CJM's twin pump, I sold my 850cc's to a homie in town and will be upgrading to ID 1300's, also waiting on my rear hardpipe section from CJM w/ included aeromotive filter, I have a fuel lab regulator coming in next week to remedy this used suspect aeromotive regulator I have right now.

After I get all that crap for E85, I'll need to drop some serious cash for a triple disc setup to hold all the power this monster is going to make, the single 6puck unsprung disk just can't keep up.

I'm in no particular rush though, it's nice to have a reliable Z in my life again, but those are the plans for the near future.

Interior setup as of now:

The kids:

JTran completed another low mount single kit on a NISMO this week for Z on a stock block. I realize the pic could be better, but I didn't take it. It shows Ronnies GTM TT kit with GTX's @ 8.4 psi vs JTrans with a single 6265 I believe @ 9psi, this is his version 2 design for quick spool. You can see the JTran kit dominates the lowend and midrange and matched it up top (I'll work on a better pic). The wtq a single puts out doesn't even compare to a twin setup, I love my wtq .

FB link: https://www.facebook.com/jTranStudio...type=1&theater
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote