View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #2460 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmam View Post

I noticed that in your intercooler pipes, both the ones to the turbo compressor inlets and other pipes from the intercooler to the turbos and the ones from the intercooler to the throttle bodies: None of them have any mounting brackets in order to attach them to the vehicle.

The reason for my concern is that with time, road vibration and boost pressure can pop loose the silicon hoses which connect these pipes. That happened to a lot of people that I know.

I am very interested in this kit but I cannot put quality and reliability below the performance as I don't want to get stranded on the road. Please advise. Thank you
I will let Tony or Dan chime in as to why they did things this way, however I think it's because of when the motor flexes under load you want everything to move with it.. No one has blown off any pipes yet so I don't see this being an issue.

Also, I don't think quality should be a concern at all with this kit. Everything is top notch.