View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
andytn3591
Premium Member

Drives: 2010 SR 6MT
andytn3591 is on a distinguished road
Default First time got a pull over ... Speeding ticket

The problem is that the street was crowded at the time and I was driving slow

Ok, here is my story. I was driving with my girlfriend to get dinner this evening at around 5:30 - 6:00. The street is one of the most crowded street around here. I was driving really slow and I almost have to stop at every traffic light.

Then, when I almost arrived at the restaurant, I looked at the mirror and I saw a cop car. there were about 4 other cars between I and him. He drove really fast and changed the lanes agressively with no light on. I was thinking like " what the heck, you won't go fast without the lights on in this traffic ". I looked at my odometer as a habit and it was 40mph. Then I was preparing to get a u turn to the restaurant. Suddently, I saw him right behind me. Then, he turned his lights on and gave me the signal to pull over.

I was wondering why. I was thinking that because my exhaust is too loud. He asked me if I was wondering why I got pulled over. I asked him why, then he pulled out the speed gun which had the number of 59 on it. He said I was speeding in the 45 zone. I said no, I was in the slow traffic and I couldn't go that fast. He said that he was watching me from the parking lot of a shop on the street that I passed. He said that BY WATCHING, he could say that I was driving at about 57-60 mph. He said that he followed me and as soon as he followed, I kept accelerate. I think that's rediculous The parking lot he was standing is on the other side of the street, and from there, I was stopping at another 2 red lights with no cops behind me. I have no idea where he got the number. I told him that I was following the traffic and there was no way I would go that fast. He told me that he knew it, and he feel sorry for the ticket. He told me that if I don't accept the ticket, I can fight for it at the court. And I will definitely do it. The dinner tasted salty

Does anybody know if the cops have the quota of ticket every month ? It seems like they just throwing the ticket to random people, and they hate the Z

Last edited by andytn3591; 04-03-2014 at 02:56 AM.
andytn3591 is offline   Reply With Quote