Thread: Leasing a 370z
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahero View Post
wait what? I can sell the car to a dealership early to buyout of the lease???
Sure, if they'll buy it, which they will if they can make a buck at it. Depends on the car, depends on their market. Whether of not it makes sense for you depends on your current buyout compared to the vehicle's market value. In my case, Nissan offered to waive my last three payments (re-lease incentive) and the dealer bought it 6 months before last payment which got me out of three additional payments. I got a good deal on a 2014 Z ($37,000 for Touring/Sport w/ Nav) and that not only included trucking it 500 miles to the dealer but delivering it 90 miles right to my garage (snow/ice packed roads). They got a good deal on an immaculate Touring Sport with 15,000 miles. They had to put tires on it, but they'll sell it for $28,000 (they tell me). They must have been right because I see that it's disappeared from their used car website already and there's still a foot of snow on the ground.

My daily driver is a 2008 Sierra that I originally leased. Residual value (set at the time the lease was executed) was $19,000. After the lease was up, I still needed a 4wd truck but there was no touching a low-mileage used 4x4 for less than$28,000 so I bought the vehicle for the residual value. I could have easily sold that immaculate GMC with its 38,000 miles it for $30,000, but I needed a truck, so I bought it for the $19k plus sales tax.

Last edited by MacCool; 04-02-2014 at 12:29 AM.
MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote