View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillis72 View Post
I spent the weekend tracking my car and the Stillen Supercharger and never had an oil temp over 221 with the weather in the upper 70s. The vented hood seems to really help the airflow through the coolers.

I was very frustrated with my Stillen supercharger at one point on the canned tune but after spending a weekend at the track with it I couldn't be happier with how it's running on a custom tune! If you want 600 hp it's not the kit for you but after trying to control and push 400 WHP around the Sebring road course I can't imagine wanting more unless you have a ton of track experience. The car ran all weekend like it came from the factory with the supercharger on it.

The only thing that concerned me was on my first run the SC spit out a couple drops of oil(We believe I may of had just a tad to much oil in it) and it freaked me out a little so I called Mark at Stillen on a Saturday and he told me what to check and all was good. When I first bought the Stillen kit I was told over and over that I should have gone GTM but Saturday at the track I was sure glad I wasn't praying for GTM to take my phone call for advise. But then again if I had taken the advice to go GTM the car wouldn't have had that problem because it would still be NA!
I see what you did there! LOL