View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
j.arnaldo
Banned

Drives: Nissan 350Z, 2004
j.arnaldo is on a distinguished road

Expanding the horizon of possibilities/probabilities: My wife had a girlfriend who, back in the '70s used to own a Plymouth Cricket (I believe that was a rebadged Mitsubishi vehicle). Well, she once came to visit with us and, talking about how really good her Cricket had turned out, I made a comment about the importance of oil changes according to the schedule in the Owner's Manual...The look on her face told a story! She told me that, in the 3 or 4 YEARS she had owned that car, she had NEVER done "such thing"! I warned her about how crucial the procedure is, and she commented that, since she was divorced, she wasn't "gonna worry about it". As far as I know, for as long as my wife and her were friends, she never complained that the car ever failed her in any way! On the other hand, I've heard of dudes who do oil changes every 3,000k or even 1,500k!, and their cars turn out lemmons. The truth of the matter is that every car is different, and one never knows how it's gonna turn out to be. According to reliability stats', Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Nissan are the most reliable makes, so I've been buying Nissan for years (6 cars, so far), and doing oil changes every 7,500k with Mobil 1 5W30 or 10W30, with no bad results at all. I'm sticking with that plan till it proves to be wrong!

Last edited by j.arnaldo; 11-11-2009 at 12:22 PM.
j.arnaldo is offline   Reply With Quote