View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 AM   #2429 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet48 View Post
I doesn't matter how loud any system is, if there's a constant drone (a "muffle") it will interfere will the bass frequencies. The louder the system the less noticeable it will be (as it's less of a percentage of your bass output), but it doesn't just disappear.

I have a full system in my 06 RSX-S hatch with LAYERS of deadening in the entire hatch, doors sealed, subsonic teklite, etc. When I go WOT to like 8600prms it's loud, but when I do that I don't PLAN on listening to music. On the highway at like 3.75k rpms the exhaust is quiet and doesn't interfere at all. My roommate has the same car + a Fujitsubo Powergetter exhaust and it def drones on the highway at higher rpms, enough where it would annoy me. I just want it to be loud when I push it. I guess I'll have to drive in one on the highway to find out myself.
You're better off leaving your exhaust stock, then. Have you driven a 370 yet? Given the description of your RSX it seems like you'd be driven insane by the level of noise... I'm sure you'd be gutting the car and adding lots of sound deadening as this car has absolutely none. Maybe a G37S instead?
LIKE us on Facebook!