View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #1589 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Yes, CTCSS = Interference Eliminator Code (or privacy code). From what I read however, scanning will not find it, you have to manually tune it to 3. So you should be able to set yours to 462.6625 CTCSS-3. Yes, mine talk with everyone else's, when set to (motorola) 5-3
They actually can scan for active DTS codes and CTCSS tones (suprisingly). Once it has identified them I should be able switch to them easily. Just printed out the manual But since you found the CTCSS code I need already -thx btw- this should be a piece of cake either way.

BAOFENG UV-5RE+ Dual Band Ham Radio <- amazon link, not the manual

They are a PITA to program though.

Last edited by ValidusVentus; 03-27-2014 at 12:24 PM.
ValidusVentus is offline   Reply With Quote