View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #161 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuct View Post
amazing quality on the pillar!

my only issue would be during an accident. will the air bag be able to fully deploy? would the gauges or wiring to them prevent the pillar from being able to detach?
The pillar has been fabricated to not impede it's function. I use a new,from Nissan, pillar and graft, mould, finesse, texture, and dye the gauge pods to it so it fits like the factory item. It utilizes the original mounting hardware, installs just like the factory pillar. Behind the pillar is a clip, and a plastic tether. The factory plastic tether is located near the middle of the pillar and restricts the movement of the pillar to approximately 1", and the clip is at the top of the pillar, it releases when/if the airbag is deployed. The bottom of the pillar stays intact with the dash, the wiring should not cause any problems unless the person installing it deliberately tries to mess it up.

Others can attest to the fit, and function of the pillar. Actually, if you have any doubts, message or call Tony and the guys at Fast Intensions. Tony called me to tell me how blown away he is with the fit, finish, and functionality of my pillars (his team has installed a couple).