View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I had endless pad-deposit problems on my stock calipers with a few different pads (Hawk HPS, Carbotech Bobcat, Carbotech XP10's). However, I suspect that had more to do with me than the car (learning all the tricks to avoid the problem), although maybe a problem with a sticking piston was contributing as well. When I switched to CL pads my problems mostly went away (they're pretty good at cleaning other stuff, and they aren't really prone to deposit problems themselves), and then went away completely when I switched my whole caliper setup to Stillen's BBK.

Hawk's Blue pads are known to be good for scraping off pad deposits, btw. A lot of people buy a set just to use them for rotor scrubbing after other pads.