Thread: MN Z owners...
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #598 (permalink)
MacCool
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z PW 2014
MacCool has a spectacular aura aboutMacCool has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnz View Post
I'm planning on it also, just spent a good amount on foam guns towels and soaps. Thinking of getting a polisher also

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Trust me, you won't be able to get rid of swirls or other paint flaws with hand polishing, especially with a black car. It will take a machine. With my Black Cherry Z, I became a total Junkman convert for paint correction and management...check his videos here in the detailing forum, on YouTube, or look at the videos on Adams Polishes website. I recommend the Porter Cable 7424XP with Adams orange and white pads and polishes. Very cost effective and will maintain that Magnetic Black and really make it pop. I moved up to the Flex polisher...it doesn't do a better job, but it is much faster.

Foam guns, good microfiber towels (South Korean, not Chinese....check out The Rag Company) are fine for maintaining the finish, but if you can't correct a swirled finish or other paint marring, you'll never be able to do justice to that beautiful black car. I was resistant too, but Black Cherry is as hard to correct as black, and when the finish has swirls and micromarring, no amount of Walmart wax is going to give you a good depth of shine.

Here's my old Z...

MacCool is offline   Reply With Quote