Thread: Obd scanner
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2014, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke24 View Post
We'll eventually I want to do more than just read codes and that's why I want it to go a little better since I have the money now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindkiezer View Post
What do you want it to do?
You may be better off buying an OBD/CAN-to-USB adapter and some software to run on a computer. I use an OBDPro Compact that I got for ~$40 online and some free apps I found on the Web running on a laptop. It can read/clear DTCs and monitor/log data points.

For everyday monitoring, I have a ScanGuageII on the dash to watch water temp, vehicle speed, TPS, and something else I can't think of off the top of my head. It can also read/clear DTCs. Because of the simple interface (two short lines of text and 5-6 buttons), it's not the easiest gadget to use but not that bad once you've used it for a while.

Without knowing what you plan to do, it's very difficult to make more specific recommendations.