Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #753 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoBoy View Post
My diff is from a 6MT, and there is the exterior flange that bolts up to the drive shaft that's different, but swappable.
Some of those things change between the G37/370/350. I'm pretty sure both 6MT and 7AT 370Z rear ends have the same input flange on the driveshaft side. And no matter what pumpkin I'm using, I need at least one axle-shaft if I'm switching from VLSD to aftermarket LSD (but not open to aftermarket LSD). But for some reason other than those issues, there's a difference between the 7AT and 6MT 370 rear ends (enough that LSD mfgs generally are 6MT-compatible only, or make a separate model for 7ATs). It's either that the much-higher ratio in the 7AT is actually a different diameter (in which case I don't care, that gear set is being tossed anyways), or it's that the inside of the pumpkin has an odd shape for some reason I can't fathom. In any case, though, it seems the common solution others have employed is to grab a used 6MT pumpkin and slap it into their 7AT car. I think the 350Z and G37 6MT pumpkins both work in that case. Anyways, I really don't know, something to research later in the week