View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #1249 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
If you have Base Breaks and swap to Sport Calipers you will need:
*Braided Lines or stay stock (Best Lines are from Goodridge) Z1 are fine
*Steel Intermediate Line that runs to the proportioning block to Caliper
*Calipers - Buy set of Infinity Calipers and have them Powder Coated any color you want. Will still be cheaper that buying 370z Calipers.
* Set of Sport Rotors

Some guy's attach the steel braided line directly in to the calipers. That will give you a softer feel. Routing the line through the proportioning block will give you the feel your looking for.

Don't for get there is a difference in Brake Booster from Base to Sport so you will be using base booster with sport calipers. Minor size difference in the piston is not an issue for the swap. You can get one on ebay for 100.00 or just leave the base booster in, difference isn't really that noticeable.

Z1 package is good, but you have to ask for the steel adapter line that runs from the back of the caliper to the stock proportioning block.

This is what I have on my Sophie.... Thought I would share: http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro....php?did=38782
Any idea why attaching the ss lines to the calipers gives a softer feel? I was just talking about this earlier, I upgraded from base brakes to the Akebono calipers, ss lines, drilled/slotted rotors, centric pads and motul fluid. When it was all finally installed I couldn't really feel a difference from my base brakes. I didn't get the premium ss lines, just the regular Z1 package so I didn't have any proportioning blocks to hook up to. I'm also having my shop re-bleed the brakes, John at Z1 says it sounds like they might not have gotten all the air out of the lines even though I can stop and actuate the ABS if I want to. There's just no improvement from before.

Zdayz 2014!!
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote