Thread: Gurney Flap?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, thanks for sharing the pics ResIpsa. Impressive work! How did you support the underside of the hatch area under wing?

The splitter looks like it could stand to extend a bit further. Its easy to make them too long in the case of most cars but with the/your 370 front end, it doesnt appear to extend noticeably past the front overhang. This means the high pressue area acting on the top of the splitter is also acting on the underside of the front overhang and probably negates most of its effects.

Also if you were to move the wing rearward I think it might be more effective. For one, just due to the better leverage. But less obviously to enhance its interaction with your diffuser. You probably considered putting it further back already and didnt want to mess with the spoiler, and maybe the wing wont even mount to the curved area there. I dont think there would be a large interaction between the spoiler and the wing due to the spoiler having basically no angle of attack.

Just a couple of constructive suggestions you may want to look into if you hadnt already thought about them, not trying to be negative or pick things apart. I just enjoy analyzing engineering/physics related stuff. Do you have any thoughts on any of that?

PS: Obviously you run the wing with endplates?

Last edited by ValidusVentus; 03-14-2014 at 02:52 PM.
ValidusVentus is offline   Reply With Quote