View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
@O&G, it seems like you had your build done in a timely manner. Less than 6 months altogether? So you dropped off your car to have them drop the motor to rebuild and reassemble the entire kit? $3k worth of upgraded parts makes sense other than the labor. I'm thinking about coating and/or getting some parts shot peened. [shrugs]

If I ever decide to embark on this project, I'd probably keep the same GTM kit, but make some upgrades and refresh some components as well (turbo CHRAs, lines, etc.).

Overall, nice build and congrats!
Thank you sir. Only reason mine took so long as I did most the work myself and messed up a few things. I incorrectly installed the cam caps on the passenger side bank so the VVEL assembly didn't rotate correctly. I thought it was an electrical issue, so I replace the VVEL solinoide and problem solved for days. Gave up, came back to it. JTran figured out the problem, installed the cam caps in the right order and boom, started up like a champ. If you were to pay to have this done it would be done a lot faster as I wouldn't be doing the work LOL.

Live and learn, and I now know everything there is to know about VVEL and the VQ37VHR lol.
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote