View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

I told my other board I'd post up my thoughts on it as it goes, since I know how people hate buying new technology without a REAL person reviewing it a bit.

So, some initial impressions after playing around a bit more.

If you're using the touchscreen keyboard and you're in vertical mode, you'll hate life - my fingers can hit 3 letters at the same time. That mode sucks to type in. Horizontal mode is a different story - its very easy to type in that mode. Nice, big letters/numbers. And of course, using the slide out keyboard is the best, and its easy to use/comfortable IMHO.

Wireless works fine now that I fixed my router - forgot I made some changes to it that made it unable to connect properly, so now surfing the web at home in my 3G dead zone is a breeze.

Reception doesn't seem quite as good as my BB Curve was, oddly, but then again my Curve seemed exceptional. The only place I have problems is at my house specifically, and its literally in the only valley on base, surrounded by huge trees. Not exactly fair to simply say the reception sucks I suppose.

The UI is very easy to figure out. Its simple - maybe a little too simple for some who want something REALLY flashy like the iPhones, but I find it quite enjoyable. Touchscreen is quick and responsive. Maybe even a little too sensitive - if you BARELY touch the screen it may register a click, sometimes. I can't compare to the iPhone, never used one. Furthermore, there may be a sensitivity adjustment that I haven't found yet.

The speakerphone quality is second to none, so far that Ive found - Ive never had a phone where talking to, and understanding others was so good!

The Google voice search feature is ******* amazing. I tried "Gianni's Pizza", and it got it completely right the first time, perfect spelling. Mapped out where Gianni's pizza is off base with Google search, phone numbers and all.