View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #33 (permalink)
bruddahmanmatt
Base Member

Drives: For The Hell of It
bruddahmanmatt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i think that's going to be a big waste of money, and also make sure your finances is sound before making the purchase for the current or future models.

the Z is not expensive, but it was never intended for the poor. if you have sufficient income, how about you just wait it out 2yrs, and buy your first car cash? no one said you have to lease or finance a car. and assuming you're still young do you really need a 30K+ burden?
I'm curious as to why you'd recommend he buy a car cash when it's obvious that (assuming he'd be able to get approved) a lease would be in his best interest. If he ends up wanting a Z35 instead in a few years, a lease allows him the easiest way out of his Z34 given that our cars don't exactly retain their value very well.

I realize that this is all moot given that the OP appears to have financed a car, but your comment just came across as a "leasing is bad" generalization I hear all too often from customers who simply don't understand how they work.

As for the OP, congrats on the purchase. Wish I had read this thread earlier as I'm always happy to help a fellow forum member out with a new vehicle purchase.