View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
delorean
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
delorean is on a distinguished road

Thanks that helps. What I really need to know is if the plug/harness that goes into the LCD screen plugs into the main head unit or if it routes to another "unknown" harness/plug behind the dash. Based on the feedback, it appears to be connected to the head unit but was hoping someone could put my anxiety at ease. More to come, parts on the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
Hey Delorean,

If memory serves me correctly, one of those wire harnesses goes into the TFT display, and the other goes in to the module on the rear of the TFT that supposedly does the Apple device interface. There were two large plugs on the rear of my radio TFT when I put the parking bypass module in there behind the TFT. The instruction manual for my bypass module reads thusly: *Installation notes: When installing NI24PIN Y-harness must be connected behind LCD screen directly, in some Nissan vehicles behind
LCD you will find a module, many customers think that this module is part of the screen, this module is NOT a part of the screen and you
must connect Y-harness behind LCD screen, LCD screen and LCD module if attached have identical plugs, keep in mind LCD screen have
only ONE connector while LCD module have few connectors. CONNECT ONLY DIRECTLY INTO LCD SCREEN WITH ONE CONNECTOR

Another view from CourtesyParts.com...280 Audio & Visual :: Body Electrical :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: 370Z Parts (Z34) 2009-2013 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com
delorean is offline   Reply With Quote