View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepro View Post
I plan on running the base map for a few weeks to make sure everything is installed and road worthy, then end of march install a boost controller and take the ride over to r/t to finish it off! Gale what wastegate spring are you running, and I assume Vince was ok with that much TQ, I see most people on the forum say to keep it around 400 ish on the stock internals.
I'm running the 7psi spring, I think it's a yellow spring?. My low boost setting is based off the waste gate springs. 476 ish rwhp.

When I took it to Vince, he asked me what I wanted out of the car/tune. I said it would be nice to see anything over 500 rwhp, as long as he thought it was safe to do. The final numbers is what he came up with after that conversation. He did tell me that he doesn't recommend tracking the car on high boost. I trust him and his tune.

*Unrelated to the tune* The only issue I have is the BOVs sometimes open during idle. This is an intermittent problem and I believe it throws a code when this happens. At first I thought it might be something that could be touched up with the tune, but that was before I found the BOVs sticking open. I've been meaning to call TiAL to see what they say.