View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I hate to say it, but I think the low oil may have done some damage to the VVEL. I would guess the fact you just filled up is coincidental. How do you know there was enough oil to keep everything lubed if the dipstick was dry? Hopefully I'm way off base and it's just a tank of bad gas, but the oil thing makes me thing you've got a much bigger issue.
I have ran mine very low before (that was before I knew these cars burned oil like they do fuel) with no issues. I am under the understanding that as long as you have oil pressure your fine as its that pressure that ultimately feeds your engine and the pickup sits lower than your dip stick. However if your low oil pressure light did come on then I could see your internals taking a hit, especially if you did not turn it off right away.

Almost sounds electronic to me. You said it is uprev tuned, do you know how to log the car to see exactly what the engine is doing? It might shed some insight on the issue.

Goodluck
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote