View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee078 View Post
Have 4 HPDE under my belt on a bone stock 40th, and plan on doing 4-6 per year going forward. Will be adding an oil cooler so I don't have to let up on the car later in the day. I know the stock suspension has very little adjustability, but wondering if it's possible to maximize whatever capabilities it may have to be more track friendly. It'll serve as a daily driver as well, and I'm not much of a wrencher, so need a dual purpose setup anyways.

My interests are safety and durability. The car still far exceeds my driving skill, so I have very little interest over investing in upgrades. I get my kicks by spending money for track time, rather than blingy parts.

FWIW - will be driving in Northern California tracks: Thunderhill, Sonoma, Laguna Seca.

I guess the question is - does it have some range of adjustability, so that it's worth requesting a performance alignment? If not, then I guess I need to go with factory spec.
I have about the same experience as you. I think if you are staying stock zero toe on the front give much better steering input and turn in than the stock setting. For the rear you can add some camber -1.8 is about what everyone says is the sweet spot. I added the SPL upper control arms and dialed in -2.5 camber up front and it is night and day the traction difference from the stock camber.

Just my .02
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote