Thread: Groove
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
I've seen people add additional notches in pads at the track before, though I've never done it personally. Most of the time it's done to assist in gas dispersion as I understand it
Yeah, it used to be done for that reason, back when pad material was bonded together with resin, that resin when heated to high temps basically boiled off and created a gas which would get stuck between the pad and rotor and cause pad "fade". Pads are no longer constructed this way though. If you saw people cutting radial ( ) grooves in their pads it was for the reasons I stated above... or at least that was the only effect it was going to have. Thanks for the input DJTodd