View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radride View Post
I appreciate that. The reason why I want a stockish car because we all have our different tastes when it comes to modding. In your case, the only mod I would be interested in is the turbo kit and lowering springs. Everything else would have to be stock.

Selling a modded car is tough and you only get around 30% back on your mods not including labour. So if you have Sasha's kit ($7000) plus lowering springs ($250), you'll only get around $2500 back when you sell your car. Right now the average car is listed for $28000 and will probably sell for $26000; add your 2500 and you have a 28500 car. It sucks I know. I've been modding cars probably a lot longer than most of you and I always take a bath.

That's just the reality.

R.K.
Quote:
I totally agree. A 40th Anniversary car is very expensive and in my eyes, not worth the premium to me. Same with the Nismo cars. There are a bunch of cars in Alberta in the high 20's forsale currently. They are low milage 09/10's. I have patience in my old age.

R.K.
Quote:
With the exchange it will cost me 30% more to my door so a 25k US car will almost be 32k all said and done. Trust me. I've looked into it and I have imported before.

R.K.
In your old age you also come across a bit dickish. Not to sound like a ****

Galeforce I can promise you knows about deprecaition especially when adding mods to a car. Infact I bet you the majority of the guys on here know that they will not even get even close to as much back as they paid. Thats why you see partouts and then the car is sold. I know most guys here who have a Z have been in the game a long time, this car for the post part is not some 15K starter car.

Also id say by the time you get out the door with a car your going to be mid 30's for a car with under 30,000 kms. A majority of them listed that I found with a quick search was around 32K from businesses. There is one for 30K right now that is not to bad and could be a nice car.

2010 Nissan 370Z Touring Coupe | cars & trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

Anyways thats just my .02.

Ill sell you mine for $55,000
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote