View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #744 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
I want to go with a fuel cell. Get rid of the OEM tank. Put a 10 gallon tank to save weight and get better weight distribution from front to rear. Which is WELL needed on our cars.
Yeah but the stock tank is low. If you put a fuel cell up in the rear body, you're raising the fuel weight higher, raising CG. Also, even though we want to shoot for even front/rear distribution, I suspect moving weight from the center outwards, even to the rear, isn't a net win. It's still a larger goal to keep the weight centered to make the car more-stable, whereas weight at the edges is like a pendulum. I don't know all the factors and how they play out relative to each other, but just things to consider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Lexan tends to break down (craze) from UV exposure, so Plexiglas, with its' greater resistance to UV, may be a better choice. YMMV
On the other hand, Lexan is much, much tougher and more impact-resistant. Something to think about with rocks and hard chunks of rubber flying at the window, and especially something to think about in a wreck.