View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 09:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I've run my gas down super-low a few times. I have backup transportation, and these are times when I know all my driving in this car will be within a few miles radius of my house, with lots of gas stations around. What I've noticed is that at the bottom end of the gauge it's either very inaccurate or very pessimistic, one of the two. Usually it becomes pessimistic after having been shut off. Like, I'll shut it off still showing 30 miles range, and then when I start the car up a couple of hours later, after a minute of warmup it's showing the "--- Miles", whereas if I had kept driving it would have kept counting down to at least 17-ish before it does that.

I know they're trying to prevent out of gas situations for idiots, but still, I'd much rather have an accurate fuel gauge.